share

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Happy 30th Birthday Zack!

Today is Zack's 30th birthday. Poor guy had to work today so when he got home we had his favorite meal waiting for him~ Round Steak and rice, a Cajun dish. (funny side note- when we were first married I tried to make it and was told how but was not told how much of the key ingredient to actually use. I was told "you can't use too much Tony Chachere's so just dump it in until it looks right." Mind you I had only seen it once at that point so right was all relative. And apparently you CAN use too much. It was inedible.) Melissa also made a delicious Jello Poke Cake. It's a favorite from their childhood.

Then it was on to presents. Grayson and I had bought him a ring with an inscription on the inside that said "Best Daddy GA JM (and room for another babe or two. :) It doesn't photograph well, unfortunately. We also got him a framed 8x 10 of Jonathan and a lovely little poem and cut outs of Jonathan's feet. I just love that photo and so does Zack.

Zack's mom gave him some lovely sentimental things as well, Jesse gave him the DVD's of Prison Break and Melissa gave him an Ooh Ooh which is Grayson's name for the monkey that Jonathan gave him and us. We also had Jonathan cremated with his so he would not be alone. But I have been hogging the one that Zack and I have so Melissa felt he needed his own. He is very cute isn't he?
And now we are playing Wii bowling that my dad bought us recently. We love Wii. We are still trying to master bowling and some are better than others (rude). I am working on it... okay!

Happy Birthday to my Dear Sweet Amazing husband!

5 comments:

The Wolfe Family said...

Those are teeny tiny feet and SO cute...love the gifts, they seem fabulous and would love to see the poems sometime! Sounds like you all had a wonderful day!! FYI...Tommy Sr. feels like he has mastered Boxing on the Wii (which we don't have, but he learned quickly the week we were on vacation at his mom's) and I wouldn't be surprised if you guys ever needed any friendly competition...lol!! Anyhow, Happy Birthday Zack! Hope he enjoyed his day as well!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Bro!!!

Ma Autism said...

How is Zack going to deal with his birthday from here on out being so close to Jonathan's birth?

Geneva said...

Wow...he's SO old. I mean THIRTY. Wait...I'M THIRTY!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHH!!

Amy H said...

Jaimey, that is a beautiful framed picture. Did you design that yourself? I'm so glad you will always have those precious little hand and footprints of Jonathan! How special...