share

Friday, October 3, 2008

4 days until we induce to meet our son


In February my cousin lost his 8 week old son Koen to SIDS. Shortly thereafter I was contacted by a photographer, Elle Zober, who had seen a bulletin I had put on Myspace.

In addition to the amazing photography she does for weddings and children and such she works for the amazing organization of Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep.com. They are a foundation who has photographers around the country associated with them who do bereavement photos for parents who have or are losing their infant. Elle had emailed me to offer this amazing free service to my cousin.

We ended up becoming friends and continuing our relationship. I never had any idea I would need her photography other than just for the fun of it. She eagerly voulunteered to do our photos for Jonathan as soon as she found out about him. She also offered to do a belly session for our family.

We had our photo session on Wednesday and Elle called today to tell my the slide show is up.

NILMDTS is such an amazing organization of photographers and people. And I feel truly blessed to know Elle and to have been touched by her amazing photos.

Here is the link.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you don't know me, but I've been watching your blog for a while. You really look beautiful in the pictures, and I'm praying for you. God be with you and your family.

~Jackie Bair

Unknown said...

These pictures are so amazing! Your strength and beauty is often sought but very rarely achieved. I am so proud to have you and Zack as friends. You have such a beautiful family, inside and out:) Your extended Texas family loves you guys very much and we are all praying for you. Michael Petty

Heidi said...

What an awesome picture Jaimey!

schnoor mama said...

What amazing photographs. I can't even express in words how moved I was by the slide show. I was sobbing before it even started.

You look beautiful; as does Zack and Grayson. You are an amazing, strong woman and I admire you greatly.

I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers, friend. If there is anything I can do for you or your family, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Hugs, Michelle

Gina Lindsay said...

Just another blogger that found your blog some time ago. Thanks for sharing your story and your picture. I appreciate the link to NILMDS.

You and your family have been and will continue to be in my prayers.

eireann said...

that is such a beautiful photo of the three of you. i can't wait to get home to see the slideshow! (state farm blocks it at work)

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am SOOOOOO glad I finally got the strength to watch this and thanks for encouraging me to watch it with you on the phone while you are at the hospital Zack.

I can't even believe how beautifully done the images were with that music behind it. I've never seen anything that beautiful.
What an inspirational memorial to Jonathan!

And what an amazing gift Jonathan was given - to be born into such a loving family!!!

Hug Jaimey again for me!

Love MOM