share

Friday, October 24, 2008

Date Night

Zack and I went on the first real date we have had in a long time. Sadly he'd had a rough day and was pretty distracted. We tried to enjoy it anyway and went to the Venetian in Downtown Hillsboro for appetizers wine and a movie. It was great. I love the atmosphere there and the owner is a friend of ours so all the more reason to support the place. After our yummy snack we went into the theatre and watched Mama Mia.

I have always wanted to see Mama Mia when it was on Broadway and we tried when we were in NYC for our honeymoon but we couldn't get tickets, they were sold out for months! So alas now I have seen the movie instead. It was really good, Zack hated it but I figured he would. LOL. All that singing of ABBA songs, and goofy plot... sigh... chick flicks are great. :) It made me happy. It may need to buy it for the next time I am depressed (it is on DVD yet? I may need it soon) to cheer me up. :)

If you have no idea what its about the story is of a bride-to-be trying to find her real father told using hit songs by the popular '70s group ABBA. Meryl Streep and Peirce Brosnan are in it as well as others not as well knowns.

Anyway, it was good, I am pooped and now I should go to bed. We have a big day tomorrow.



2 comments:

The Wolfe Family said...

I'm such a sucker for Abba...is that something I should admit? Oh well, there it is, out in the open for all to see!! Love chick flicks too, Tommy not so much though! 13 Going on 30 my favorite! Anyhow, what does this have to do with your post? I don't know, but just wanted to comment on it anyway, can't wait to see the movie myself. I usually wait for all movies on DVD. I miss the theaters...anyhow, thanks for the review!!

eireann said...

i so want to see mamma mia. brian will hate it, i know, so i know it will be something i will have to rent and watch by myself.

love actually always makes me happy when i am depressed, especially the song at the end, "all i want for christmas is you." and colin firth and liam neeson are adorable. SO worth owning.