Like a thousand years ago I nannied for a family where both parents worked full time. I was more of a house manager as I made sure the house ran smoothly by hiring workers and cleaners and doing all the groceries and dry cleaning etc. I also cooked for the family most nights. I got this recipe from the mom. We are not friends anymore, sadly. I really liked her in the beginning. It went south after we got too close and I had opinions of my own. (NOTE to nannies: Your boss is NOT your friend. It almost NEVER works out)
Anyway, she used to make this recipe and ask me to as well. Since I can't ask her for it now I found a similar one online and here it is.
- 4 whole boneless chicken breasts (8 breast halves)
- 8 slices jarlsberg cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 lb asparagus, washed and trimmed (optional)
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
- 1 Place chicken in baking dish.
- 2 Layer cheese on top.
- 3 Add asparagus, if desired.
- 4 Mix the soup, wine, garlic, and pepper.
- 5 Spread over chicken and cheese.
- 6 Top with bread crumbs and lastly drizzle with melted butter.
- 7 Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 50 minutes (until chicken is done through).