share

Thursday, October 21, 2010

PILA Month day 21

Day 21 - a recipe.

Like a thousand years ago I nannied for a family where both parents worked full time. I was more of a house manager as I made sure the house ran smoothly by hiring workers and cleaners and doing all the groceries and dry cleaning etc. I also cooked for the family most nights. I got this recipe from the mom. We are not friends anymore, sadly. I really liked her in the beginning. It went south after we got too close and I had opinions of my own. (NOTE to nannies: Your boss is NOT your friend. It almost NEVER works out)

Anyway, she used to make this recipe and ask me to as well. Since I can't ask her for it now I found a similar one online and here it is.

Jarlsberg Chicken
  • 4 whole boneless chicken breasts (8 breast halves)
  • 8 slices jarlsberg cheese
  • 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup white wine
  • 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1/2 lb asparagus, washed and trimmed (optional)
  • Change Measurements: US | Metric

Directions:

Prep Time: 15 mins

Total Time: 50 mins

  1. 1 Place chicken in baking dish.
  2. 2 Layer cheese on top.
  3. 3 Add asparagus, if desired.
  4. 4 Mix the soup, wine, garlic, and pepper.
  5. 5 Spread over chicken and cheese.
  6. 6 Top with bread crumbs and lastly drizzle with melted butter.
  7. 7 Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 50 minutes (until chicken is done through).

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That sounds good. And when I reclaim my face from the novocaine and the lidocaine and whatever that third thing the dentist stabbed into me was, I will totally try this!

Hope you're having a good week.