share

Sunday, October 17, 2010

PILA Month day 17

Day 17 - an art piece (drawing, sculpture, painting, etc) that moves you.

Photographs always get me. A mother and child. Children playing. Every time. There is something about photos, the freezing of time, the permanence. I love it.

One of my favorites in not digital because I took it on film and I have not gotten around to scanning my THOUSANDS of negatives... even though I have had a scanner to do so for 4? years! It is of the little girl I used to nanny, Emily, and she is playing her little pool after her afternoon nap. The lighting was perfect and she had just glanced up for a second. I caught a magic glimmer in her eyes that I love, matching the blue in her swimsuit. Always one of my faves.

I will see if I can find it and upload it tonight...

No comments: