share

Monday, October 18, 2010

PILA Month day 18

Day 18 - my wedding/future wedding/past wedding.
When I got married 9 years and 2 months ago (today) it was the happiest day of my life. (I have since had children, love you honey but they win. ) I digress. I had dreamed of my wedding, like most little girls, my whole life. I knew I wanted a bit white dress and in the dream wedding I wanted to be barefoot on the beach. We almost had that dream wedding but we traded it for the wedding of OUR dreams but having the person marry us the Zack wanted. He would only do it indoors so as not to lose the meaning and words in the wind. It was a lesson in compromise that has served me well. Marriage is just that. A compromise. It is never about just one of you again. It is about 2 of you, then 3 then 4 and so on... I am happy that I married the man I did. Marriage isn't perfect, but it's not supposed to be. It is forever a lesson in compromise.



1 comment:

Marlyn said...

True. Happy anniversary!