share

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

PILA Month day 5

Day 5 - your favorite quote.

This one is hard.

"Life is not a guarantee and tomorrow is not a promise"

is one of my favorites. It gets me through the day to day. I try to take each day as it comes and enjoy it. Another one is

"Don't sweat the small stuff... and it's all small stuff".


I fall short often on this one but it's always in the forefront of my mind. Though I do usually have a glass is half full outlook I let things get to me that I shouldn't.

I was given quite a few opportunities recently to do good. A few friends in need and finally we are in a position to be able to help others instead of being the ones in need. It feels good to help pay it forward and it helps to put things in perspective. And there have been a few times where it has been very hard for me to take the high road. Someone puts something so horribly offensive on the internet about those close to me and I want to lash out, but at the end of the day those saying such lies are not worth the air they breath and I won't waste my time. I'm trying not to sweat the small stuff.

And it's all small stuff.

1 comment:

Jaimey said...

p.s. Karma is a bitch.