share

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My job Loss- From Zack

Hello everyone that follows this blog.

It has been some time since I have posted here. The last time was to say good bye to my dear Angel Baby Jonathan.

As Jaimey had posted I lost my job on Monday. After a conversation with the consultant that hired me I discovered what I had already known. The company will not be hiring another sales person, and I think that they just did not know what they really wanted to do. I was given a months severance after working for a month. I think that speaks to their guilt for letting me go.

We have received so many caring calls and E-mails and I really appreciate it.

I wanted everyone to know that we will be just fine. Although we have been thru quite a bit over the past few months, we still have much to be great full for. I think that the present state of the economy has caused most people to ponder what is really important in their lives, and our trials combined with this economy has caused us to do the same.

I am not sure what what the future will bring, we may loose our home, we may loose all of our possesions...who really knows these days. All that really matters is that we have a lving family, and our love for eachother has only grown during these very tough times.

I do not know if I am just used to all of the trials, but at some point you just have to lay your head down at night and realise that all you can do is your best every day, and beyond that the rest is out of your control.

Many people have posted regarding our "bad luck" Jaimey and I think about the same thing all of the time. What have we done to deserve such a avalanche of touch breaks? I dont think that we will ever know the answer to that but what I do know is that people are defined not by how well they get thru the easy times, but how well they can overcome the challanges that life puts in front of them.

I guess what I mean to say is that I will never let adversity get me down. I will keep getting up regardless of how many times I get punched in the face. The reason that I wake up in the morning and go to sleep at night is to make the best life for my family that I can. And if Jonathan is looking down right now at me, I want him to know that I would never and will never let the pain of his passing allow me the excuse to give up and stop trying.

Well that is the end of my rant.

Thanks to everyone that takes the time to read this blog, and send Jaimey and I your wishes and love. I am sure that we would not have been able to navigate these rough waters if it were not for your support and love.

Zack

8 comments:

Geneva said...

We're thinking of you guys, and we're here.

Jaimey said...

It's really weird to comment my own blog but I am really proud of hubby for all the strength he has provided me and our little family. We will survive.

1snappyfamily said...

You guys are awesome! We love you so very, very much! Thank you for such a beautiful post...

Anonymous said...

the Bible does it say that God will never give you more than you can handle. It does discuss being tempted, and it discusses trials.
If God didn't give you more than you can handle, then you would never have the need to go to Him with your burdens.
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)
God allows us to go through trials so that we will come to Him with our problems.

It is very similar to the poem "Footprints in the Sand" - it is during the trials that we are carried. God doesn't expect us to go through the trials alone. He wants you to come to Him and have Him carry you.

Heidi said...

Jaimey, you have the best hubby!!!

eireann said...

Hi Zack,

I must say I am one of those people who is wondering why you guys are getting all the tough breaks and the string of bad luck and so on and so forth. And I am definitely constantly keeping you guys in my prayers. It just doesn't seem fair but I know life is not fair.

I also have to say, thank you to you and to Jaimey for being so honest about what is going on with you personally, not just the nice things but the not-nice things like being afraid of losing your house. (Oy!) You guys are truly an inspiration to me and I don't just say that to be sappy or make you feel better. It is inspiring to see Jaimey still upbeat and finding positives in life, fun things to do and things to appreciate, while getting all these knocks. It is encouraging to me to also see that (as far as anyone can tell here) that your relationship is still strong and that you are turning to each other during your adversities. My hubby, bless him, does not handle stress well and does not always turn to me when we face adversities. And I cannot imagine a much bigger adversity for a husband than not being able to provide for his family, except losing his child. I know marriage is not all sunshine and roses and I am sure you guys have your ups and downs and cranky days like everyone else in the world, but as long as you are turning to each other then you will make it. And that is inspiring to me.

Sorry for this to be such a long comment. Just, I think these things and they have to come out somewhere. :)

Pacific Personal Training/CrossFit Hillsboro said...

sheesh... You guys are lucky to have such a strong little family. I wish you the best of luck and will keep you in my prayers.

Lindsey J said...

wow. So inspiring. So positive.

I'm keeping you guys in my prayers.