share

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Just Breathe

art work by a dear family friend Tom Voss

I remember it like it was yesterday and yet it seems like a lifetime ago. I was so excited and so nervous. I was about to walk down the aisle. All I could think was just breathe! The rest will come. This was it.

Forever.

I couldn't believe it. I was getting married. I remember thinking that morning what this really meant to me. I knew it meant I got the privilege of loving this man for the rest of our lives. Of growing old together on our front porch in our rockers.

We are a ways of from that still but the last 9 years have been amazing. Not only in good ways but we have come through the bad and difficult stronger and more secure in ourselves and our marriage. And it has been a privilege loving Zack. He is sweet and kind, generous and smart. He works hard for our little family and is the strength that supports us. I love you honey!

Thank you every day and especially today from the depths of my soul, for being my husband and loving me.

Happy 9 year Anniversary!


1 comment:

jenni said...

Congrats! Here's to sooo many more!!

Xoxo