share

Monday, August 9, 2010

A wonderful day for friends.

Last weekend we went to Columbia Park with our friends Nick and Renee and Ada. We had such as great time, I wish we lived closer to us, especially now that we have tiny babes about the same age.
We had decided to do a picnic lunch so I took one of my favorite recipes that I have found lately.

Cowboy Caviar
1- 15 oz cans black beans, rinsed

1- 15 oz cans black eyed peas, rinsed
1- 17 oz can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (or more) quinoa
1 large tomatoes, chopped

2 large avocado, diced

2/3 C green onions, chopped

2/3 C fresh cilantro, chopped
  • Dressing
  • 1/4 C red wine vinegar
  • 1/4 C olive oil
  • 2 cloves minced garlic
  • 1 t cumin
  • 3/4t salt
  • squirt of lime juice
Mix all ingredients together except avocado and lime juice which is to be added just before serving. Keep refrigerated.

We also had fruit salad and pasta. Delish. There is almost nothing I like more than good friends and good food! We met Nick when he first moved into his previous house next door to our previous house. We were neighbors for about 3 years before we moved. And then he (rudely) upped and moved to the EAST SIDE!

H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E!

Just kidding but we do miss them!

It is amazing to me just how alike my hubby and son's mannerisms are in this photo, right down to their crooked hats and stance.





I heart Hydrangeas!

No comments: