share

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thursday Thankful- 14 weeks!

Today I am thankful for:

1. My girlfriends! I have some great girlfriends who are there for me in a pinch or just to chat! I love hanging out with them and am glad they are in my life!

2. Sun. today was 95 and while that is TOO hot for me to sit in the sun, I do love it when its bright and sunny out!

3. Books. I have rediscovered reading! I have not read more than a magazine article in 2 years and 6 months (Grayson's life!) partly because I was busy sewing or scrapbooking or whatever and partly because I never had time after those things and being a parent. My friend Lesley introduced me to Jodi Picoult, who wrote My sisters' Keeper that just came out in theaters. I have read 4 books in as many weeks! Yeah me!

4. Indoor plumbing. Its the little things in life we always take for granted and as I sit on the potty typing this (I know Dad, I have no dignity! ) I realize just how much I love that we don't walk out to an outhouse or worse throw our waste out a window. blah.

5. My son. I just hope he forgives and forgets how lazy/boring his mommy is during pregnancy!

1 comment:

eireann said...

ooooh i love jodi picoult. and anita shreve.

another favorite is barbara delinsky. wonderful waste-of-time romances, kind of like danielle steel, but they are actually well-written and not as formulaic. nora roberts is good too if you like that kind of stuff. :) (personally, i love a good vapid romance!)