Thursday, July 9, 2009
Thursday Thankful, 13 weeks!
Today I am thankful for:
1. still being pregnant! Yeah! I am 13 weeks today and as far as I know all is going smoothly. Since I had the Ultra sound last week I am feeling a little bit better, though I don't think I will feel better until s/he is in my arms.
2. not barfing on Wednesday or Today, though I did barf for the first time on Monday morning (at work no less!- luckily I made it to the bathroom!) But I have felt fine since... so maybe things are finally moving into second trimester bliss. One can hope anyway!
3. still being employed. There was a big debacle at work over the line my drivers license number was placed on one of the forms I filled out months ago at Target. After it not getting fixed properly and timely corporate took me out of the system while it was fixed, in essence firing me. :( boo by the way! It took almost 2 weeks to get it figured out and then another few days to get the pay I was owed worked out since they kept having me work even though we found out later I wasn't really supposed to be. Oi!
4. making friends. I work with a lot of really great people. Not that I am surprised but after my first few weeks I wasn't so sure. Wednesday someone actually went to bat for me by bringing up that I keep trying to cross train, in front of a higher up and it may have actually worked. I heard later that she asked about me and having me help her out for more hours!! So Thank you M!! I really appreciate it! I would write you a great team card, but I probably couldn't phrase it right to not have it come out weird to D.
5. Local berries! I picked blueberries at Charles Starr farms and then Raspberries and Tayberries (cross between a rasp and black) at Smith Berry Barn. Then today I made two batches of jam. I love jam!